Is it that time again? We’ll, at the time of writing this, not for a few months. The 2021 Montreal Municipal Election is on November 7th, but the campaigning has already begun.
So, with that in mind, we’re launching our 2021 Montreal Municipal Election Poll. And the focus of the poll is the Mayoral race.
We’re making all declared candidates for Mayor of Montreal choices and will be adding new candidates if and when they join. So yes, you can switch your vote right up until the poll closes on November 5th at midnight.
We’ve also added an Undecided category as well as None of the Above. If you make up your mind later, or a new candidate piques your interest, please feel free to change your vote.
If you’re planning on voting for a City Councilor or Borough Mayor from a different party than your choice for Mayor of Montreal, that would be a split ticket in the actual election, but not here. This vote is only for the city-wide Mayor.
The winner of this poll gets the official endorsement of FTB readers and a post to announce it. While we do these polls for all elections where Montrealers can vote (Municipal, Provincial, Federal) and even some where most of them can’t (US Primaries), the 2017 Montreal Municipal Election Poll was the first time FTB readers selected the same candidate that the general electorate did.
So have your say below (or in the sidebar of any page on this site):
- Valérie Plante (Projet Montréal) 53%, 318 votes318 votes 53%318 votes - 53% of all votes
- Denis Coderre (Ensemble Montréal) 32%, 194 votes194 votes 32%194 votes - 32% of all votes
- Balarama Holness (Mouvement Montréal) 5%, 30 votes30 votes 5%30 votes - 5% of all votes
- Undecided 4%, 24 votes24 votes 4%24 votes - 4% of all votes
- None of the Above 4%, 22 votes22 votes 4%22 votes - 4% of all votes
- Marc-Antoine Desjardins (Ralliement pour Montréal) 1%, 5 votes5 votes 1%5 votes - 1% of all votes
- Félix-Antoine Joli-Coeur (Engagement Montréal) 1%, 4 votes4 votes 1%4 votes - 1% of all votes