On November 5th, 2017, Montrealers return to the polls to determine if Denis Coderre will remain the city’s mayor for the next four years or if new Projet Montréal leader Valérie Plante will get the job. Meanwhile you, Forget the Box readers, can head to our poll right now and pick who you want to see as the next Mayor of Montreal.
The poll closes on November 4th, when we will write an endorsement of the winner on behalf of our readers and publish it the same day, the day before the actual vote. At publication time, there are only two declared candidates for the city’s top job, if more join the list, we will add them as options on the poll and you can, too.
You can also change your vote right up until the poll closes. If we replace this poll in our sidebar with a new one, it will remain active and accessible through this post. Also please feel free to leave a comment as to why you voted the way that you did (but comments don’t count as votes, obviously).
In the meantime, we’ll also be covering the election campaigns to the best of our abilities. Not only the mayoral race, but as many city council and borough mayor races as we can. It’s a big city and an important election, so have your say November 5th, 2017 at the polls and right now in this poll:
- Valérie Plante (Projet Montréal) 83%, 214 votes214 votes 83%214 votes - 83% of all votes
- None of the above 8%, 21 vote21 vote 8%21 vote - 8% of all votes
- Denis Coderre (Équipe Denis Coderre) 7%, 19 votes19 votes 7%19 votes - 7% of all votes
- Whoever wins!!! Good luck!!* 1%, 3 votes3 votes 1%3 votes - 1% of all votes
* Featured image via WikiMedia Commons