Igloofest, literally Montreal’s coolest festival (temperature-wise) is back this winter, running every Saturday from February 13th to March 13th. They just announced a partial lineup, and it promises to still be a huge dance party.
Of course, Montreal is still very much in the COVID Red Zone and there’s a very real chance Quebec’s 8pm to 5am curfew will be extended beyond February 10th. So this year, the festival will be streaming on Facebook, Twitch and YouTube, meaning the party will be at home for festivalgoers.
The performers, though, will be all across the city, at iconic spots that we will hopefully all be able to visit again in person soon. So far:
- CRi, Jesse Mac Cormack and Sophia Bel will kick things off February 13th at La Ronde
- Jacques Greene will be in the Old Port February 20th
- Young rapper Lou Phelps will be part of a lineup at the Stewart Museum on February 27th
- March 6th will see Mistress Barbara on the roof of Videotron headquarters
- On March 13th, the S.A.T. will host a noon to midnight marathon with various artists
The rest of these lineups will, of course, be announced soon. The 15th anniversary of the fest, though, has been pushed to 2022, when we can all, once again, party together in person.
As for keeping it cool, or cold, well, organizers do suggest your backyard or balcony. If you don’t have one of those, though, you could always open a window, but you might want to check with your roommates first.
Featured image from Igloofest 2012 by Chris Zacchia
Igloofest 2021 runs February 13 – March 13. For details and the full lineup (when it is available), check out igloofest.ca